Michigan vs Ohio State Odds: September 2023
The Michigan vs. Ohio State odds currently favor the Wolverines by 3.5 points over the Ohio State Buckeyes. For fans in and around Columbus, Ohio and Ann Arbor, Michigan, the final Saturday in November can't come soon enough. Although it's nearly six months away, multiple Ohio sportsbooks have listed point spreads for this year's contest at Michigan Stadium.
FanDuel Sportsbook Ohio currently lists the Wolverines as a slight favorite. Michigan has been the underdog in each of the last three matchups, including a 9-point underdog last season. Michigan ultimately outscored the Buckeyes 28-3 in the second half in a 45-23 victory in a matchup of undefeated teams.
Much can change between now and November, but should the line hold, Michigan would be a favorite over its most bitter rival for the first time since 2018. It would also mark the first time since 2011 that the Wolverines were the home favorite for the rivalry contest.
Latest Ohio State Michigan Betting Updates
- 📆 Sept. 16, 2023: Michigan and Ohio State moved to 3-0. Michigan beat Bowling Green 31-6, while the Buckeyes beat Western Kentucky 63-10.
- 📆 Sept. 2, 2023: Both Michigan and Ohio State started the 2023 season 1-0. Michigan defeated East Carolina 30-3, while Ohio State earned a 23-3 win over Indiana.
- 📆 July 30, 2023: While neither team will feel the effects until later, top cornerback recruit Aaron Scott Jr. commits to Ohio State over Michigan.
- 📆 July 12, 2023: Pro Football Focus speculates whether Ohio State's playoff hopes will come down to the final game of the season vs. Michigan.
- 📆 June 30, 2023: Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith says he feels Ohio State should take a different approach for their annual matchup against Michigan after losing two games in a row for the first time since 1999-2000.
- 📆 June 27, 2023: Michigan vs Ohio State games will now be featured at Noon for the foreseeable future and shown on FOX's "Big Noon Kickoff."
- 📆 June 1, 2023: ESPN lists Ohio State as preseason No. 1 in ESPN's preseason Football Power Index. Michigan is ranked No. 6.
- 📆 June 2023: DraftKings Sportsbook lists Ohio State QB Kyle McCoard at +2200 to win the Heisman Trophy, which is good for the 10th-best odds in the country. Michigan QB J.J. McCarthy and Ohio State WR Marvin Harrison Jr. are tied for the 12th-best Heisman odds (+2500). Michigan RB Blake Corum (+2800) and Ohio State RB TreVeyon Henderson (+3000) rank 16th and 17th, respectively, and have the best odds among running backs.
- 📆 May 15, 2023: FOX announces a noon ET kickoff for the Nov. 25 contest.
- 📆 April 27, 2022: Ohio State QB CJ Stroud was selected No. 2 overall by the Houston Texans in the 2023 NFL Draft. Stroud became the highest Ohio State quarterback ever selected (2020 No. 1 overall pick Joe Burrow completed his career at LSU) and the highest Buckeye taken since defensive end Nick Bosa went second overall in 2019.
How to Watch Ohio State vs. Michigan
As expected, this year's contest between Ohio State and Michigan will be nationally televised. Known for an early kickoff, the teams are set to square off at noon ET for the 16th straight time. The 2020 contest was canceled as a result of COVID-19 restrictions.
Since 2017, the annual rivalry contest has aired on FOX. This year's contest will likely get the network's "Big Noon Kickoff" designation with Gus Johnson, Joel Klatt and Jenny Taft on the call. With about 17.1 million viewers last year, the rivalry contest in Columbus was the most watched college football game of the regular season.
Nearly 107,000 fans packed "The Horseshoe" last season. More than 111,000 packed Michigan Stadium during the last meeting in Ann Arbor back in 2021.
How Much Are Tickets for Ohio State vs Michigan?
If you are looking for tickets to Ohio State vs Michigan, you'll need to head to TicketMaster, StubHub, VividSeats or SeatGeek. Right now, all three sites have tickets available, and these start at $400. SeatGeek has options starting at $424, StubHub has them starting at $470, VividSeats start at $456 and TicketMaster starts at $495.
Historical Ohio State vs. Michigan Odds the Past 5 Years
Betting on Michigan vs. Ohio State 2023-2024 College Football Season
The Game is coming this fall and any college football fan knows this is one you don't want to miss. In Ohio it is one of the most anticipated games of the season. Ohio State vs. Michigan tickets will sell out as fast as a Taylor Swift concert. Whether you are a first time bettor or well-versed in the fun, you don't want to miss the opportunity to watch The Game and bet at the same time. New users, be sure to use one of our exclusive Ohio sports betting promos.
Popular Bets for Michigan Ohio State Games
There are currently no available moneylines in Ohio for the rivalry contest, but at Michigan -1, according to FanDuel Sportsbook, that equates to a -121 moneyline for the Wolverines. Ohio State would be +101.
There are currently no props available for the pivotal Big Ten contest. That will likely change as the season and game draw closer.
- Totals (Over/Under)
Totals are not currently available for "The Game," but it is worth noting that over has hit in each of the last nine meetings. Last season's contest featured 68 total points with an O/U of 56.5.
In addition to the Heisman odds, a popular proposition would be on the national championship. Ohio State is listed at +850, according to FanDuel Sportsbook -- the third-shortest odds behind Georgia, Alabama and Michigan. At +700, Michigan has the third-shortest odds. Ohio State (+195) and Michigan (+185) are also the two teams most likely to win the Big Ten.
Ohio State and Michigan Rankings
Both Ohio State and Michigan remain top-10 teams in the country. Michigan has kept its spot at No. 2 in both the AP Top 25 and the AFCA Coaches Poll. The Buckeyes remain No. 4 in the coaches poll, but have fallen from No. 3 to No. 6 in the AP poll.
2023-24 Ohio State vs. Michigan Predictions
With what could be an epic contest still five months away and neither team having played a game, it's probably too early to make a prediction. With Blake Corum, Marvin Harrison Jr. and TreVeyon Henderson all coming off injuries, there are a lot of factors at play, but the biggest unknown entering the season may be the quarterback play for Ohio State. Replacing C.J. Stroud won't be easy, but Kyle McCord was a top-50 prospect as a recruit.
On the other side, Michigan knows what it's getting with its backfield and J.J. McCarthy. Much can change as the final Saturday in November approaches, but for now, Michigan has a better quarterback situation and this one will be in front of 110,000 wearing maze and blue. With the over hitting at an alarming rate in recent years, our way-too-early prediction features a win for Michigan and plenty of points:
Michigan Wolverines 38, Ohio State Buckeyes 33
Where to Bet on Michigan vs. OSU
A spread currently exists for the pivotal Big Ten rivalry contest on several legal Ohio betting apps. You can download them to view the latest futures or even place a bet now when the odds are potentially lucrative. In the Wolverine and Buckeye states, BetMGM Ohio is one of the leading operators so be sure to check them out. Sports betting is legal in both states for those 21 and older.
Ohio State vs. Michigan Rivalry: History and Team Facts
This year's contest between Michigan and Ohio State will be the 119th installment of the rivalry. The teams first met in 1897 and played in every season from 1918 through 2019. The streak ended when the 2020 contest was canceled due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Michigan holds the edge 60-51-6 all-time. The Buckeyes actually have 52 wins against the maze and blue, but a 37-7 victory in 2010 under Jim Tressel was later vacated. Michigan has won the last two and holds the edge historically. Michigan holds the longest winning streak in the rivalry, claiming nine straight wins from 1901 to 1909. The Wolverines went 13-0-2 in the first 15 meetings before the Buckeyes broke through with a 13-3 victory in 1919.
Although top-5 matchups have become commonplace again, some might argue that the height of the rivalry was from 1969 to 1978 when legendary coaches Woody Hayes and Bo Schembechler engaged in the "Ten Year War." Schembechler led the Wolverines to a 5-4-1 record against his former boss. Schembechler was an assistant under Hayes at Ohio State at 1951 and then again from 1958 to 1962. Although Michigan has won the last two in the series, the Buckeyes have held the upper hand in recent years, winning 17 of the last 21 meetings.
Ohio State Coaches and Top Team Players
Ryan Day enters his fifth full season as head coach at Ohio State. If you look at previous seasons and the Ohio State depth chart, you will see Day holds a remarkable 45-6 career record with just three losses in the regular season. Unfortunately for Day, two of three came to Michigan. Under Day, Ohio State has finished in the top six in the final AP Poll each year with two Big Ten titles.
Quarterback CJ Stroud is off to the NFL, but Ohio State has some of the best skill players in the country. Many believe that had Marvin Harrison Jr. not been injured in last season's 42-41 Peach Bowl loss to Georgia, it would have been the Buckeyes hoisting the national championship trophy. After finishing with nearly 1,300 yards receiving and 14 touchdowns last season, Harrison is listed at +2500 to win the Heisman Trophy, according to DraftKings Sportsbook -- the best odds for any non-quarterback.
The Ohio State player with the best Heisman Trophy odds will be Stroud's successor, Kyle McCord. Despite throwing just 20 passes last season, McCord is listed at +2200 to win the Heisman Trophy. That's tied for the ninth-best odds, per DraftKings.
Ohio State is the only team in the country with three different players given +3000 or better Heisman Trophy odds. DraftKings lists running back TreVeyon Henderson at +3000. After a monster freshman year, Henderson rushed for 571 yards and six touchdowns as a sophomore before going down with a late-season injury.
Although the Heisman hype isn't as great, wide receiver Emeka Egbuka is another player to watch this season. On the defensive side of the ball, lineman J.T. Tuimoloau and linebacker Tommy Eichenberg are two of the best in the country. Eichenberg led the Buckeyes with 120 tackles last season.
Michigan Coaches and Top Team Players
After previous stops at San Diego, Stanford and with the NFL's San Francisco 49ers, Jim Harbaugh, a former Michigan and NFL quarterback, enters his ninth season as head man of the Wolverines. The reigning Big Ten Coach of the Year, Harbaugh has a 74-25 record with three AP top-10 finishes. Although he has won consecutive contests, the rival Buckeyes have been his bugaboo. Harbaugh is just 2-5 against Ohio State.
Quarterback J.J. McCarthy will enter the year with the 12th-best Heisman Trophy odds at +2500. In his first season as a starter, McCarthy accounted for 27 total touchdowns and just five interceptions.
Among running backs, Michigan's Blake Corum has the best Heisman odds in the country, according to DraftKings. Coming off a late-season injury, Corum was a first-team All-American last season, rushing for 1,463 yards and 18 touchdowns in just 12 games. Corum finished seventh last season in the Heisman voting.
Fellow running back Donovan Edwards is also extremely talented for Michigan. Edwards finished nine yards shy of 1,000 last year and racked up 216 yards and two touchdowns in a 45-23 win over Ohio State.
Offensive lineman Drake Nugent and Zak Zinter are two of the best in the country. In Michigan's last two wins over Ohio State, the Wolverines have averaged just shy of 275 yards rushing.
On the defensive side of the ball, linebacker Junior Colson is one of the best in the country. Colson led the Wolverines with 101 total tackles as a sophomore last season.
Top 7 Games Between Ohio State vs. Michigan
- 🏈 (1) Ohio State 12, (12) Michigan 24 - Nov. 22, 1969: In the first season for Michigan under legendary head coach Bo Schembechler, the Wolverines began the "Ten Year War" by stunning the No. 1 Buckeyes to steal a Rose Bowl berth and end Ohio State's national championship hopes with a 24-12 victory. Garvie Craw rushed for two touchdowns in the victory while the Michigan defense came away with six interceptions.
- 🏈 (2) Michigan 10, (3) Ohio State 12 - Nov. 23, 1974: With the Big Ten title on the line, Ohio State used four second-half field goals from Tom Klaban to erase a 10-point deficit and top Michigan for a trip to Pasadena. With 18 seconds left, Michigan's Mike Lantry missed a 33-yard field goal to the left to give the Buckeyes the hard-fought victory in Columbus.
- 🏈 (6) Michigan 26, (7) Ohio State 24 - Nov. 22, 1986: Again with a trip to the Rose Bowl on the line, Michigan overcame an early 14-3 deficit to claim the Big Ten crown. Jamie Morris rushed for 210 yards and two touchdowns for the Wolverines. Ohio State's Matt Fratz missed a 45-yard field goal with a minute to play that would have given the Buckeyes the lead.
- 🏈 (5) Ohio State 0, Michigan 28 - Nov. 20, 1993: The 1993 season was regarded as one of the worst in a long time for Michigan, but the regular season had a happy ending as the Wolverines blanked Ohio State to thwart the Buckeyes' Rose Bowl bid. Todd Collins passed for a pair of touchdowns while the Michigan defense forced four turnovers and held Ohio State to just 212 yards of offense.
- 🏈 (2) Michigan 39, (1) Ohio State 42 - Nov. 18, 2006: In a matchup of No. 1 vs. No. 2 and a de facto national semifinal, Ohio State clinched the Big Ten championship by holding off Michigan in a shootout. Ohio State quarterback Troy Smith sealed the deal on his Heisman Trophy bid with 316 yards passing and four touchdowns in what was the highest scoring game between the schools in 104 years.
- 🏈 (3) Michigan 27, (2) Ohio State 30 (double overtime) - Nov. 26, 2016: With a berth in the Big Ten Championship and College Football Playoff hanging in the balance, Ohio State outlasted Michigan in the first game between the schools to go into overtime. After a controversial spot and fourth-down conversion kept Ohio State alive in the second overtime, Curtis Samuel scored from 15 yards out to end the contest.
- 🏈 (2) Ohio State 27, (5) Michigan 42 - Nov. 27, 2021: After dropping eight straight matchups to Ohio State, the Wolverines ended the longest winning streak by the Buckeyes in the rivalry's history by rushing for 297 yards. Hassan Haskins rushed for 169 yards in the victory and a rivalry-record five touchdowns.
Ohio State vs. Michigan Accomplishments
While you wait for Michigan vs Ohio State to play in November, there are plenty of other games that you won't want to miss. Last season's big game apart from this one was Ohio State vs Georgia Bulldogs and this year it will be Notre Dame vs Ohio State. Check the latest odds for the MI vs OSU game and place your bets.
Ohio State v Michigan Game FAQs
Ohio State has 52 wins all-time against Michigan. Officially, however, the number is 51. The Buckeyes' 37-7 win in 2010 was among 12 vacated victories from that season.
Michigan has 60 wins all-time against the rival Buckeyes, including in each of the last two meetings. The teams have tied six times with the last being a 13-13 gridlock in 1992.
Currently, FanDuel Sportsbook lists Michigan as a 3.5-point favorite over OSU.
Ryan Day enters his fifth full season as head coach at Ohio State after serving an interim early in 2018. Day owns a 45-6 career record.
Jim Harbaugh, a former Michigan quarterback, is entering his ninth season as head coach of the Wolverines. Harbaugh owns a 74-25 record during his tenure in Ann Arbor and a 132-52 record as a college football head coach.
This year's contest between Ohio State and Michigan takes place on Nov. 25, 2023 at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor. Kickoff is set for noon ET.
This year's rivalry contest between the Buckeyes and Wolverines will air nationally on FOX. Fans can stream the contest by downloading the FOX Sports app. Users may be asked to log in through their internet service or cable providers.
On StubHub, tickets for the contest in Ann Arbor currently range from between $405 to $1,447. The average resale ticket price is currently about $436, according to Vivid Seats.
Mike Ferguson is a college football betting analyst for BetOhio.com. Mike spends his days browsing the latest lines for all the top college football betting markets to find storylines curated specifically for sports bettors in Ohio. From time to time Mike will also turn his attention to NFL, NBA, MLB or NHL betting lines that Ohio sports bettors might be interested in but college football odds are Mike's expertise.