The Cleveland Browns could easily be 3-0 if it wasn't for giving up a 16-point lead against the Jets in Week 2. The Browns answered with a statement win against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Thursday Night Football. Cleveland is tied for the AFC North lead with the Baltimore Ravens heading into Week 4.
Latest Cleveland Browns Playoff Chances
After an impressive primetime win against division opponent, Pittsburgh Steelers, the Browns playoff chances are 41.0%. Cleveland's odds to make the playoffs are +144.
For reference, a $100 bet on the Browns to make the postseason would win $144, which suggests sportsbooks aren't too confident in Cleveland's ability to make the playoffs.
Surprisingly, the Browns victory over the Steelers barely moved the needle in their Playoff chances. They may not be the flashiest team, but as stated above, they could very well be 3-0 if it wasn't for a 90-second collapse to eventually lose by 1 in Week 2. Regardless, they are 2-1 through three games and they share a division lead with the Ravens.
The Browns will aim to add to their win column against the Atlanta Falcons in Week 4.
Browns Playoff Chances Key Developments: Week 4
- 📆 Week 4 (Sept. 26): The Cleveland Browns confirm that star defensive end, Myles Garrett was in a single-car accident leaving practice today. Reports are saying that he had a passenger and that the car flipped multiple times. Police have confirmed that drugs and alcohol were not a factor. Both Garrett and his passenger suffered non-life-threatening injuries. Myles Garrett's Week 4 status is unknown.
- 📆 Week 3 (Sept. 23): Cleveland stepped up after a devastating loss in Week 2 by defeating the Pittsburgh Steelers 29-17 on Thursday Night Football. They are 2-1 as they head to Atlanta to take on the Falcons in Week 4.
- 📆 Week 2 (Sept. 18): The Browns didn't take long to take on a Browns-like loss. In Week 2, the Browns gave up a 30-17 lead with 1:33 left in the game. They handed the New York Jets a 31-30 win, bringing the Browns' record to 1-1.
- 📆 Week 1 (Sept. 11): The Browns pulled off a slight upset on the road against their former franchise quarterback Baker Mayfield and the Carolina Panthers. Nick Chubb led the charge on the ground, turning 22 carries into 141 rushing yards. His dominant performance meant QB Jacoby Brissett didn't have to do too much in his first start with the team. The victory improved Cleveland's futures odds across the board.
- 📆 Preseason (Aug. 18):: The NFL increased Deshaun Watson's suspension from six games to 11 games. The move dramatically impacted all of Cleveland's futures odds, as Jacoby Brissett will now have to handle the Browns' QB duties for the bulk of the 2022 campaign.
Can I Bet on the Browns to Make the Playoffs?
Yes, bettors are able to place bets like this provided betting is legal and live where they live. Unfortunately, Ohio residents will have to wait a little while longer, as sports betting hasn't launched in the state just yet.
Once everything does launch, we recommend using a BetMGM Ohio promo to get a bonus on your wager.
Browns Super Bowl Odds 2022-23
The Browns were a trendy Super Bowl pick when they acquired Deshaun Watson earlier this offseason, but the hype has died down since his suspension was increased to 11 games. The Browns Super Bowl odds are +5000 following Week 3, which is the 16th-best mark in the league. That gives the Browns an implied Super Bowl probability of 2%.
The Browns' preseason Super Bowl odds were listed at +3000, and they now stand at +5000 after their Week 3 win. That puts them far behind Bengals Super Bowl odds, as Cincinnati checks in at +3000.
The Cleveland Browns' odds have fallen quickly. Losing what should have been an easy win to the Joe Flacco-led Jets in the last seconds of the Week 2 matchup certainly played a role in the dropoff. Their odds moved back up a bit after their most recent win against the Steelers. The Browns will look to improve their odds and a win against the Falcons in Week 4 would certainly contribute to that.
Where Can I Bet on the Browns to Win the Super Bowl?
Want to place a bet on any of these Browns' odds? The best Ohio Sportsbooks will offer all of these markets, though the numbers will vary from book to book. We recommend checking out a few different books before placing any bets to ensure you're getting the best value.
How Many Games Will Cleveland Win? Browns Win Total 2022
The Cleveland Browns win total is listed at over/under 8.5 games, according to the best Ohio sportsbooks launching in 2023. Gauging Cleveland's win total is tough for two reasons: the Deshaun Watson suspension, and the strength of the AFC North.
With the Bengals and Ravens, the AFC North still looks like one of the most difficult divisions in the league, even if Cincinnati has gotten off to a slower start than expected.
And with Deshaun Watson's 11-game suspension, it's hard to see Cleveland keeping up with the top-tier competition in the conference, like the Chiefs and Bills.
But the Browns' saving grace could be an easy early-season schedule. Cleveland's next game is against the 1-2 Atlanta Falcons. A 3-1 start definitely isn't out of the question, and opening the year with three wins would give Cleveland a nice cushion once the schedule gets tougher.
Cleveland Browns Odds FAQs
The Browns playoff chances are 41% after their Week 2 loss. DraftKings Sportsbook lists Cleveland at +144 to make the postseason, and converting those odds into an implied probability gives the Browns a 41% chance to make the playoffs this season.
The Browns' odds to win the Super Bowl are listed +5000, per DraftKings Sportsbook. They are right in the middle of the pack in terms of odds to win the Lombardi Trophy. Be sure to check back as these odds will change weekly.
Players can visit FanDuel Sportsbook Ohio to wager on the Cleveland Browns to make the playoffs during the 2022-2023 season. Other sportsbooks like DraftKings Ohio and BetMGM Ohio, just to name a few, should offer similar odds as we head into the 2022 NFL season.