- Joe Burrow's MVP odds are not available for the 2023-2024 season as he will miss the rest of the season with a torn wrist ligament.
- Burrow tore the ligament in Week 11 of the 2023 NFL season against the Baltimore Ravens.
- Jake Browning took over as the team's starting QB following Burrow's injury.
As the 2023-2024 season commenced, there were some concerns regarding Burrow's health, as there has been since he went down halfway through his rookie season with a torn ACL. Burrow has struggled to consistently stay healthy, some of which can be blamed on the Bengals' offensive line.
Burrow's MVP odds prior to the season's start came in as low as +750 at DraftKings. However, after a few sluggish weeks to start the season, they soared to around +1500 to +2000. Four-straight wins helped Burrow's odds get back to the top five at most sportsbooks.
MVP odds for all candidates will change drastically during the season as players outperform or disappoint based on offseason expectations. Burrow's injury is a bummer for Cincinnati and those who backed Burrow's MVP odds; however, he should be able to bounce back well next season.
What Are Joe Burrow's MVP Odds Today?
There are no Joe Burrow MVP odds. Burrow will miss the remainder of the 2023 NFL regular season. Joe Burrow's MVP odds ranged from +850 to +2000 depending on the sportsbook. His MVP odds were listed at +1000 at ESPN BET Ohio.
Joe Burrow's Pre-Injury MVP Odds
Who Has The Best Odds To Win NFL MVP?
Ravens QB Lamar Jackson has the shortest MVP odds at most Ohio betting apps.
Who Will Replace Joe Burrow?
Joe Burrow was replaced by Jake Browning. The 27-year-old entered the game when Burrow went down in Week 11 and threw a touchdown late in the game to pull the Bengals within two scores. He is backed up by A.J. McCarron. Browning played collegiately at Washington.
What Are Joe Burrow's Odds to Win Comeback Player of the Year in 2024?
There are no odds available yet for Comeback Player of the Year in 2024, but Burrow will be expected to be among the contenders for the award next season. Burrow and Jets QB Aaron Rodgers may lead the charge for the honor.
Latest Cincinnati Bengals Updates Impacting Joe Burrow's MVP Odds
Below is Bengals news that could impact Joe Burrow's MVP chances and the Bengals' Super Bowl odds:
- 🗓️ November 16: Joe Burrow goes down with season-ending wrist ligament tear.
- 🗓️ November 12: Cincinnati loses a heartbreaker to the Houston Texans, falling to 5-4.
- 🗓️ October 29: The Bengals earn a statement win over the San Francisco 49ers, getting back above .500.
- 🗓️ October 15: Cincinnati squeezes out a 17-13 win over the Seattle Seahawks.
- 🗓️ October 8: The Bengals earn their second win of the season, defeating the Arizona Cardinals 34-20.
- 🗓️ October 1: Burrow and the Bengals get blown out again, this time by the Tennessee Titans 27-3. Burrow throws for just 165 yards and no touchdowns.
- 🗓️ September 25: Cincinnati finally captures its first win of the season by defeating the Los Angeles Rams 19-16.
- 🗓️ September 17: The Bengals fall to 0-2 after losing to the Baltimore Ravens 27-24.
- 🗓️ September 10: The Bengals are blown out by division rival Cleveland Browns 24-3 in Week 1.
- 🗓️ July 28: Joe Burrow suffers calf strain in training camp, missing the rest of camp and preseason.
- 🗓️ July 14: Pro Bowl RB Joe Mixon agrees to pay cut to stay with the Bengals.
- 🗓️ April 29: Bengals select Purdue WR Charlie Jones, Illinois RB Chase Brown, and Princeton WR Andrei Iosivas on Day 3 of 2023 NFL Draft.
- 📆 April 25: The Bengals pick up QB Joe Burrow's fifth-year option, extending his rookie contract through the 2024 season.
- 📆 March 30: TE Irv Smith Jr. signs a one-year deal with the Bengals.
- 📆 March 16: The Bengals sign the the top free agent available at offensive tackle, former Chiefs LT Orlando Brown Jr., to a four-year deal worth $64 million.
- 📆 March 16: Cody Ford is signed to a one-year with an opportunity to compete for the starting right tackle position in camp.
Sportsbooks Available To Bet on Joe Burrow's MVP Odds
No one can bet on Joe Burrow to win NFL MVP. Had this injury happened later in the season, there may have still been odds available. Sportsbooks that bettors can look to place a bet on next year include DraftKings, FanDuel, Caesars and BetMGM. NFL MVP will likely be among the most-bet future awards, so any sportsbook is bound to have the odds available.
Will Joe Burrow Win MVP in 2023?
Burrow was among the favorites to win the 2023 MVP prior to the season of the season, and those odds took a hit throughout the first four weeks of the season. He had just two touchdowns and two interceptions through the first month. Burrow did bounce back after the Bengals 1-3 start. Because of the slow start, the Bengals' playoff chances have slowly declined. His calf healed, and Burrow went to San Francisco and threw for 283 yards and three touchdowns. Burrow looked every bit of a potential MVP against the Bills and 49ers.
Despite the struggles, Burrow is just 26 years old and has a chance to win MVP next season. He finished second in the NFL with 35 touchdowns in the 2022 season. The talent is there, and it may just take a fully healthy season for the young quarterback to claim his first MVP.
Has Joe Burrow Ever Won an NFL MVP?
No, Joe Burrow has not won an NFL MVP yet. He has been in the league three seasons, suffering a torn ACL in Week 11 of his rookie campaign.
Burrow has exploded onto the scene in the last two seasons. He finished sixth in passing yards in 2021 then fifth last season, ending second in the NFL in touchdowns. Burrow finished fourth in the NFL MVP race in 2022, but he did not receive a single first-place vote. Patrick Mahomes earned 48 of the 50 votes. Aaron Rodgers received 39 of the 50 in 2021.
Joe Burrow's Odds To Win MVP Every Year Since 2020
Joe Burrow's +700 MVP odds are his best entering a season so far in his career. See the below table for his career preseason NFL MVP odds and season finishes:
|NFL MVP Odds
|4th (0 first-place votes)
Source: sportsoddshistory.com, with odds from more than one betting site.
Burrow's MVP odds have shortened each season in his career. The probability he earns the honor continues to increase, which for Bengals fans is a good thing. He finished fourth last season, behind Patrick Mahomes, Jalen Hurts and Josh Allen.
Joe Burrow MVP Odds FAQs
Burrow's MVP odds are currently off the board as his season-ending injury crushed those dreams, although they weren't looking great prior to his injury either. The star is just 26 years old and should be able to bounce back in 2024. Burrow will end the 2023 season with 2,309 passing yards and 15 touchdowns.
No, Joe Burrow finished fourth in voting last season, but that was the closest he has been to winning the award. Burrow is entering his fourth season and has improved in each of his three years in the league.
Zero. Burrow's odds to win MVP prior to the season's commencement are at the highest of his career, so the likelihood is higher. He has yet to win an MVP though.
No. Burrow finished fourth place last season, but it was ultimately won by Patrick Mahomes in 2022 and by Aaron Rodgers in 2021.