- The latest Joe Burrow MVP odds are +2000, per BetMGM.
- Using implied probability, Burrow has a 4.76% chance to win NFL Most Valuable Player Award for the 2023-24 season.
- Burrow's MVP odds dropped from top four to top 10 on all major NFL betting sites.
Heading into Week 4 of the NFL season, Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow's MVP odds currently sit at +2000 on BetMGM Ohio, +2000 on FanDuel and +2000 on DraftKings. Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes and Buffalo Bills QB Josh Allen were initially the only two ranked above Burrow, but after the Bengals' losses in Weeks 1 and 2, many QBs have surpassed Burrow.
MVP odds for all candidates will change drastically during the season as players outperform or disappoint based on offseason expectations. Throughout the season I will provide updates on Joe Burrow's MVP chances. Make sure to bookmark this page so you don't miss out on the latest updates!
What Are Joe Burrow's MVP Odds Today?
Joe Burrow's MVP odds range from +2000 to +2200 depending on the sportsbook. His MVP odds are listed at +2000 on BetMGM and +2200 at Caesars Sportsbook Ohio, which are the best available Burrow MVP odds (in terms of profitability) that can be found among the top betting sites.
Joe Burrow's Week-by-Week MVP Odds
I will update Joe Burrow's MVP odds periodically during the 2023 NFL season. Entering the season, Burrow's MVP odds sat around +700 depending on the Ohio betting app. Below are odds from BetMGM.
Latest Cincinnati Bengals Updates Impacting Joe Burrow's MVP Odds
The Bengals offense has many of the same key weapons as last season, but they did add left tackle Orlando Brown Jr. in the offseason, bolstering the team's offensive line. That, in turn, should help Burrow have yet another career year behind center. Below is Bengals news that could impact Joe Burrow's MVP chances and the Bengals' Super Bowl odds:
- 🗓️ September 25: Cincinnati finally captures its first win of the season by defeating the Los Angeles Rams 19-16.
- 🗓️ September 17: The Bengals fall to 0-2 after losing to the Baltimore Ravens 27-24.
- 🗓️ September 10: The Bengals are blown out by division rival Cleveland Browns 24-3 in Week 1.
- 🗓️ July 28: Joe Burrow suffers calf strain in training camp, missing the rest of camp and preseason.
- 🗓️ July 14: Pro Bowl RB Joe Mixon agrees to pay cut to stay with the Bengals.
- 🗓️ April 29: Bengals select Purdue WR Charlie Jones, Illinois RB Chase Brown, and Princeton WR Andrei Iosivas on Day 3 of 2023 NFL Draft.
- 📆 April 25: The Bengals pick up QB Joe Burrow's fifth-year option, extending his rookie contract through the 2024 season.
- 📆 March 30: TE Irv Smith Jr. signs a one-year deal with the Bengals.
- 📆 March 16: The Bengals sign the the top free agent available at offensive tackle, former Chiefs LT Orlando Brown Jr., to a four-year deal worth $64 million.
- 📆 March 16: Cody Ford is signed to a one-year with an opportunity to compete for the starting right tackle position in camp.
Sportsbooks Available To Bet on Joe Burrow's MVP Odds
One can bet on Joe Burrow to hoist his first NFL MVP at any major sportsbook in Ohio. Those include DraftKings, FanDuel, Caesars and BetMGM. NFL MVP will likely be among the most-bet future awards, so any sportsbook is bound to have the odds available. Right now, it would smartest to take Caesars' odds at +2000 as they would return $2,000 for a $100 wager.
Will Joe Burrow Win MVP in 2023?
Joe Burrow undoubtedly has a good shot to win NFL MVP. His offensive line should be better this season, and he has improved each season he has been in the NFL. Burrow is also a quarterback, and a quarterback has won the award each year for the last decade. Adrian Peterson, a running back, in 2012 was the last non-QB to win the award. Burrow will be entering his fourth season in the NFL and is already considered one of the best in the game. His ability to read plays, take the best option and keep the Bengals in games has both enhanced his odds and created a perennial Super Bowl-contending team. Burrow threw for 35 touchdowns and had 12 interceptions last season. Those compare to 34 and 14 the season prior.
To win the MVP, typically, your team needs to be good. Check that off the list for Burrow — the Bengals odds to make the playoffs are strong. Second, the numbers have to be there, and those are far easier to get with a good supporting cast. Burrow has what many would consider the best trio of receivers in the league with Ja'Marr Chase, Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd. Even running back Joe Mixon has played at a Pro Bowl level in the past.
The cast is there, as is the continual improvement. Burrow finished second in passing yards per game and passing touchdowns last season, behind only 2022 MVP winner Patrick Mahomes. Expect Burrow to continue to improve on his trade and be a contender for the 2023 NFL MVP.
Has Joe Burrow Ever Won an NFL MVP?
No, Joe Burrow has not won an NFL MVP yet. He has been in the league three seasons, suffering a torn ACL in Week 11 of his rookie campaign.
Burrow has exploded onto the scene the last two seasons. He finished sixth in passing yards in 2021 then fifth last season, ending second in the NFL in touchdowns. Burrow finished fourth in the NFL MVP race in 2022, but he did not receive a single first-place vote. Patrick Mahomes earned 48 of the 50 votes. Aaron Rodgers received 39 of the 50 in 2021.
Joe Burrow's Odds To Win MVP Every Year Since 2020
Joe Burrow's +700 MVP odds are his best entering a season so far in his career. See the below table for his career preseason NFL MVP odds and season finishes:
Source: sportsoddshistory.com, with odds from more than one betting site.
Burrow's MVP odds have shortened each season in his career. The probability he earns the honor continues to increase, which for Bengals fans is a good thing. He finished fourth last season, behind Patrick Mahomes, Jalen Hurts and Josh Allen.
Other Joe Burrow Odds and Props To Bet On In 2023
There are a plethora of other odds and prop bets one can bet on. Joe Burrow is currently -500 at DraftKings to throw for 4,000-plus yards. He is +450 to throw for 5,000-plus yards. His passing touchdowns total is set at 33.5 with the Under juiced to -120. Those are just a few of the wagers one could make on Joe Burrow for this upcoming season.
Joe Burrow is +5000 to win Offensive Player of the Year in 2023 on DraftKings Sportsbook. That's a big change from +4000 earlier in the offseason. Teammate Ja'Marr Chase is at +2500 with Burrow's college teammate Justin Jefferson at +1000. Christian McCaffrey, Nick Chubb and Tyreek Hill also top the list. A wide receiver has won the award in three of the last four years.
- To Lead the NFL in Passing Yards: Joe Burrow has +900 odds on DraftKings Sportsbook to lead the NFL in passing yards. He ranks tied for fourth on the list with Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen. Quarterback Patrick Mahomes, who led the league last season, is atop the list at +275 with Justin Herbert, who was in Burrow's draft class, at +650. Burow's 279.7 passing yards per game ranked second in the NFL last season.
- Over/Under: Joe Burrow's passing yards prop is set at 4,425.5. The Under is juiced to -120, meaning one would have to bet $120 to return $100 for a total payout of $220. Burrow has eclipsed that in two straight seasons, but the injury concerns could make bettors hesitant. He played 16 games in both the 2021 and 2022 seasons. Burrow had just 2,688 passing yards as a rookie, missing the last third of the season with a knee injury.
- To Lead the NFL in Passing Touchdowns: Joe Burrow has +600 odds on FanDuel Sportsbook to have the most passing touchdowns in the NFL in 2023. These odds are tied for the second-shortest odds. It is a three-way tie with Justin Herbert and Josh Allen. Patrick Mahomes (+350) leads the way with Kirk Cousins coming in fifth (+1200). Burrow finished second in the NFL last season with 35, only trailing Patrick Mahomes (41).
- Over/Under: Joe Burrow's total passing touchdown line is set at 33.5 for the 2023 regular season on DraftKings Sportsbook. If you believe Burrow will pass for at least 34 touchdowns in 2023, bet the over; however, there is heavy juice on the Under at (-120) which suggests that is the likelier outcome. Burrow has had a combined 69 passing touchdowns in the last two seasons.
The NFL regular season commencement is still a few weeks away. Prior to each week, bettors will be able to place wagers on a variety of over/under bets involving Joe Burrow's passing yards, passing touchdowns, interceptions and potentially others. They are usually released in the early-to-middle of the week prior.
Joe Burrow MVP Odds FAQs
+2000 to +2200 depending on the Sportsbook. Burrow, across the board, is a top-10 option to win MVP, which, after having Andy Dalton, should be music to the ears of Bengals fans. Books typically have Patrick Mahomes and Tua Tagovailoa among the favorites as well.
No, Joe Burrow finished fourth in voting last season, but that was the closest he has been to winning the award. Burrow is entering his fourth season and has improved in each of his three years in the league.
Zero. Burrow's odds to win MVP prior to the season's commencement are at the highest of his career, so the likelihood is higher. He has yet to win an MVP though.
No. Burrow finished fourth place last season, but it was ultimately won by Patrick Mahomes in 2022 and by Aaron Rodgers in 2021.