Latest Browns News and Updates
Here's a look at the latest Cleveland Browns news:
- 📆 Sept. 10: The Browns kicked off the 2023 season with a big 24-3 win over division rival Cincinnati Bengals.
- 📆 July 22: The Browns waive 2022 fourth-round pick, DT Perrion Winfrey.
- 📆 May 16: Three-time Pro Bowl edge rusher Za'Darius Smith is traded to the Browns from the Vikings to play alongside Myles Garrett.
- 📆 May 5: Safety Rodney McLeod signs a one-year deal with the Browns.
- 📆 May 2: The Browns pick up offensive tackle Jedrick Wills Jr.'s fifth-year option, keeping him under contract through the 2024 season.
- 🗓️ April 29: Ohio State offensive tackle Dawand Jones, Missouri EDGE Isaiah McGuire, UCLA QB Dorian Thompson-Robinson, Northwestern CB Cameron Mitchell, Ohio State center Luke Wypler are drafted on Day 3.
- 🗓️ April 28: The Browns selected Tennessee WR Cedric Tillman and Baylor DT Siaki Ika in the third round of the 2023 NFL Draft.
- 📆 April 14: WR Marquise Goodwin signs a one-year deal with Cleveland.
- 📆 March 23: Former second-round pick, WR Elijah Moore, gets traded to the Browns from the Jets.
- 📆 March 18: The Browns sign tight end Jordan Akins and DT Maurice Hurst in free agency.
- 📆 March 17: Cleveland signs free agent safety Juan Thornhill.
- 📆 March 16: DT Dalvin Tomlinson signs a four-year, $57 million contract with the Browns.
- 📆 March 15: The Browns cut edge rusher Jadeveon Clowney and starting safety John Johnson.
- 📆 January 17: Jim Schwartz is hired as the Browns new defensive coordinator.
- 📆 January 9: The Browns fire defensive coordinator Joe Woods after his defense ranked 20th in points per game allowed over the last three seasons.
- 📆 January 8: The Browns lose to the Steelers 28-14 and finish the season with a 7-10 record.
Bookmark this page as we continue to track Browns news throughout the 2023 NFL season.
Cleveland Browns 2023-2024 Odds
The Browns have -210 odds to make the playoffs and +2200 odds to win the Super Bowl in the 2023 season, according to DraftKings Sportsbook. Below you can find the Browns' playoffs odds, their chances to win the AFC North title, and their odds to make to specific postseason rounds.
The Browns' playoff odds per DraftKings Ohio equates to a 67.7% implied probability of them making the playoffs and a 32.3% chance of them missing the playoffs. Cleveland's +195 odds to win the AFC North is tied for first in the division alongside the Baltimore Ravens.
What Games Can You Bet on Today?
Not every game is immediately available to bet on right now, but some of the key matchups early in the schedule have spreads, totals and moneylines available now. Below we have compared the prices across all the top sportsbooks and list the best odds available for each bet.
2023 Browns Team Projections
The Browns currently have the eighth-best odds among AFC teams to make the playoffs in 2023. Cleveland's over/under of 9.5 wins for this upcoming season is tied for the fifth-highest win total in the AFC. The Chargers, Dolphins, Jets and Jaguars also have a 9.5 win projection, while the Chiefs, Bills, Bengals and Ravens are each predicted to win more than 10 games next season.
The AFC is a loaded conference, and unfortunately only seven teams from each conference can make the postseason. The Browns will likely be fighting all the way through the end of the regular season to snag one of the last AFC wild card berths. Futures bets at any of the Ohio sportsbooks will be avaiable for the Cleveland Browns.
Cleveland Browns Schedule 2023
How to Watch the Cleveland Browns
Cleveland Browns games will be played mostly on CBS or FOX this season. However, it will depend on your area if the Browns game will be available on cable television in any given week. The Browns will also have two primetime games in 2023: Week 2 at Pittsburgh Steelers on Monday Night Football on ABC, and Week 17 vs. New York Jets on Thursday Night Football on Prime Video.
Fans can also purchase NFL Sunday Ticket through YouTube TV, allowing you to watch every out-of-market Sunday game that the Cleveland Browns play in 2023.
How to Get Cleveland Browns Tickets
You can purchase Cleveland Browns tickets online. The safest site to purchase NFL tickets is on Ticketmaster's NFL Ticket Exchange. Season tickets start at $956 with an average price of $1,298. Game tickets start at $60. You can upgrade your tickets or purchase tickets by calling the Cleveland Browns Ticket Sales Department at 440-891-5050 or emailing: [email protected].
Cleveland Browns Stadium
The Browns will play home games at the Cleveland Browns Stadium, previously known as FirstEnergy Stadium from the 2013-2022 seasons. The stadium is located in downtown Cleveland, Ohio. The stadium was built right off of Lake Erie, which makes for very cold, windy and snowy games in December and January.
- Capacity: 67,431
- Opened: July 1999
- Location: Downtown Cleveland, next to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and right off Lake Erie
- First NFL game played at stadium: Week 1, 1999 (Sept. 12): Browns lost 43-0 vs. the Pittsburgh Steelers
Get to Know the Cleveland Browns Roster
The Cleveland Browns have a very talented roster entering the 2023 season. QB Deshaun Watson, RB Nick Chubb, and WR Amari Cooper lead a group of impressive skill players on offense, while pro-bowlers DE Myles Garrett and CB Denzel Ward captain the defense.
2023 Cleveland Browns Manager and Head Coach
- General manager: Andrew Berry
- Head coach: Kevin Stefanski
- Coach record: 26-24 (.520)
General manager Andrew Berry and coach Kevin Stefanski were both hired into their current roles prior to the 2020 season and are entering their fourth season working in tandem. Berry and Stefanski led the Browns to the playoffs in their first season together; the Browns went 11-5 in 2020 and even won their first playoff game since 1994. Unfortunately, the last two seasons have not gone as smoothly; the Browns finished with an 8-9 record in 2021 and 7-10 record in 2022.
2023 Cleveland Browns Offense
QB Deshaun Watson will be playing his first full season with the Browns in 2023. Watson was suspended for the first 11 games in 2022 and made his debut with the Browns in Week 13. Watson's play was very underwhelming last season and needs to show great progress this year to be worthy of his huge contract. Watson has the 12th shortest odds at +3000 to win NFL MVP in 2023, per DraftKings Sportsbook.
RB Nick Chubb had a career high 1,525 rushing yards and 12 touchdowns in 2022, while WR Amari Cooper led the team with 1,160 receiving yards and nine receiving touchdowns.
Cleveland is entering the 2023 seasons with the same five starters on the offensive line as they did in 2022. The Browns offensive line earned a 77.4 PFF overall grade in 2022, which ranked tied for 10th best among all teams.
2023 Cleveland Browns Defense
Browns All-Pro edge rusher Myles Garrett is one of the biggest defensive stars in the NFL. Garrett leads the league with 44 sacks since 2020 and has the second best odds at +750 to win 2023 Defensive Player of the Year, behind only Cowboys' Micah Parsons (+600).
Garrett was the only player on Cleveland with more than three sacks last season. To give Garrett help, the Browns traded for edge rusher Za'Darius Smith from the Vikings this May. Smith has recorded 10+ sacks in three of the last four seasons.
The Browns defense earned a 61.2 PFF overall grade in 2022, which was the eighth-lowest defensive grade among all teams.
What to Expect this Season
Deshaun Watson's ability to get to his old playing form will ultimately determine the playoff and Browns' Super Bowl chances this upcoming season. He struggled mightily in his six games with the Browns in 2022, but he was one of the best QBs in the NFL from 2018-2020 with the Houston Texans before sitting out the entire 2021 season due to personal reasons.
The Browns have a talented enough roster to fight for a playoff spot in the stacked AFC, but it won't be easy. Unfortunately, it is hard to trust that this organization will be a true Super Bowl contender this year as they have not even made it past the divisional round of a postseason since 1989.
Cleveland Browns FAQs
Deshaun Watson. The 2023 season will be Watson's first full year starting for the Browns. He started six games for the Browns in 2022.
Jim Donovan. Donovan has been the voice of the Cleveland Browns on WKYC Channel 3 and the radio since 1999.
The Browns have 3 mascots: Brownie the Elf, Chomps, and SJ (a real 125-pound dog).
QB Deshaun Watson, RB Nick Chubb, WR, Amari Cooper, DE Myles Garrett and CB Denzel Ward are the most popular Browns players entering the 2023 season.
1-0. The Browns kicked off the 2023 season with a statement victory over the Cincinnati Bengals, their AFC North rival.
Jimmy and Dee Haslam have owned the Browns since 2012.
The majority of Browns games air on WOIO-TV CBS 19, Cleveland. Some of their games in 2023 will also air on FOX, ABC and Prime Video.
No, the Browns have never won a Super Bowl. In fact, they have never even played in a Super Bowl. They are one of just four teams that have never appeared in a single Super Bowl.
Michelle Magdziuk is an editorial researcher and fantasy writer for the NFL Network. She also is a co-host for the BallBlast Fantasy Football Podcast and the Gold Diggers Podcast on the 49ers Gold Standard Network. Her wide-ranging NFL knowledge and background in fantasy football will give OH bettors the best information possible this season.