- The next Cleveland Browns vs. Pittsburgh Steelers game is scheduled for 2024.
- The Browns and Steelers split 1-1 in 2023, with the Steelers winning in Week 2 and Browns winning in Week 11.
- Cleveland and Pittsburgh could meet in the 2023-24 playoffs, as both are in the postseason as wild cards.
The Browns and Steelers split their 2023 matchups in the regular season, with the Steelers winning 26-22 in Week 2 and the Browns winning 13-10 in Week 11. The most significant moment of the series, however, might've been in the Week 2 battle when running back Nick Chubb suffered a season-ending knee injury on a low tackle attempt from Steelers safety Minkah Fitzpatrick.
After years of being dominated by the Steelers — and at one point winning just seven games in their previous 50 meetings — Cleveland has appeared to even the tide against Pittsburgh and has won four of the last eight meetings.
Browns vs Steelers Odds: Who Is Favored To Win?
Odds for future Browns-Steelers matchups have yet to be announced by ESPN BET Ohio or any other books. We will update this section below when the time comes.
|Browns-Steelers Point Total
Steelers vs Browns Spread: What The Spread Tells Us
The Browns were widely regarded across most major sportsbooks as at least two-point favorites in each of their matchups against the Steelers in 2023 and managed to go 1-1 against the spread in those matchups.
Check back after the 2024 schedule is released to see what the lines are for future Browns-Steelers matchups.
Steelers vs Browns Moneyline: What The Moneyline Tells Us
Check back after the 2024 schedule is released to see moneylines for future Browns-Steelers matchups.
Cleveland Browns' Chances To Win vs Pittsburgh Steelers
The Browns were able to keep the score close against the Steelers in 2023 mainly due to stellar play from their defense. Cleveland's defense allowed just two touchdowns all season to the Steelers — one 71-yard pass play in Week 2 another 74-yard run play in Week 11. Aside from those plays, the defense played some of its best games of the season against the Steelers.
Divisional games in the AFC North are always close, so it'll be crucial for the Browns' defense to continue to play at a high level to give them the best shot against perhaps their biggest divisional rival.
How Browns Win vs Steelers
Check back to see the Browns' best path to victory over the Steelers once the 2024 offseason concludes — or if the Browns and Steelers meet in the playoffs.
- 📈 Strength: TBD
- 📉 Weakness: TBD
How Steelers Win vs Browns
Check back to see the Steelers' best path to victory over the Browns once the 2024 offseason concludes — or if the Browns and Steelers meet in the playoffs.
- 📈 Strength: TBD
- 📉 Weakness: TBD
Pittsburgh Steelers vs Cleveland Browns Prop Bets
Prop bets will be released in the week leading up future Browns-Steelers matchups. Check back after the 2024 season begins, and make sure to survey various Ohio sports betting markets.
Pittsburgh Steelers vs Cleveland Browns Player Props
Bettors should be able to bet on individual stats on the Steelers QB, WRs Diontae Johnson and George Pickens, RBs Najee Harris and Jaylen Warren and TE Pat Freiermuth. They can also bet on Browns QB Joe Flacco, RB Jerome Ford, WR Amari Cooper and TE David Njoku.
Pittsburgh Steelers vs Cleveland Browns Team Props
When team props become available in the week before the game, bettors should be able to bet on over/under of each team's totals points, touchdowns scored and point totals in each quarter and half. Bettors can also bet on the first team to score and whether or not a team will pitch a shutout.
Pittsburgh Steelers vs Cleveland Browns Futures Bets
These are where the top futures bets for each team sit:
|👑 Browns Win Super Bowl
|👑 Steelers Win Super Bowl
|🏆 Browns Win AFC
|🏆 Steelers Win AFC
|⭐ Browns Win AFC North
|⭐ Steelers Win AFC North
Where to Bet on Browns vs Steelers
You can bet on every Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers game at most major Ohio sportsbook apps. Each app will feature its own odds. Some will be the same; others may be slightly more competitive. It's usually a good idea to have a couple of different accounts to ensure you are getting the best odds for a specific team or game. Bettors must be at least 21 years old and within a state with legal sports betting.
How to Watch Cleveland Browns vs Pittsburgh Steelers Game
Latest Browns vs Steelers Updates
- 📆 Dec. 16: The Steelers drop their third straight game, 30-13, to the Colts, which takes a considerable hit into their playoff chances. They are 7-7 with three games to play.
- 📆 Dec. 10: The Browns defeat the Jaguars, 31-27, behind a stellar day from Joe Flacco, who became the first Browns QB this season to top 300 passing yards and throw three touchdowns in the same game.
- 📆 Dec. 3: Steelers QB Kenny Pickett suffers an ankle injury and is expected to miss multiple weeks after receiving surgery. Mitchell Trubisky becomes the starting QB.
- 📅 Nov. 21: The Steelers fire offensive coordinator Matt Canada.
- 📆 Nov. 15: The Browns announce that Deshaun Watson will require shoulder surgery, ending his 2023 season, after he helped the Browns grab a huge divisional win over the Ravens in Week 10.
- 📆 Nov. 12: The Steelers defeat the Packers in Week 10, advancing their record to 6-3 despite the offensive struggles that have lingered for nearly the entire season.
- 📆 Nov. 5: Watson returns for a full game for the first since suffering a shoulder injury in Week 3 and throws for two touchdowns and no interceptions in a 27-0 win over the Cardinals.
- 📆 Oct. 22: The Browns defeat the Colts 39-38. They played most of it without Watson, who played poorly in the first quarter and aggravated his shoulder injury, leading him to be pulled in the first quarter.
- 📆 Oct. 15: The Browns defeat the previously undefeated 49ers despite playing without Watson due to a right shoulder injury, generating one of the biggest upsets around the NFL in the regular season.
- 📆 Oct. 1: The Browns drop a divisional game to the Ravens, but QB Deshaun Watson was ruled out for the game with a shoulder injury.
- 📆 Sept. 18: Browns RB Nick Chubb suffers a season-ending knee injury in Week 2 against the Steelers.
A History of the Cleveland Browns vs Pittsburgh Steelers Rivalry
The Browns-Steelers rivalry dates back to 1950 and is the oldest rivalry in the AFC. Given the blue-collar personalities and close proximity — 135 miles — between the two cities, the rivalry blossomed almost immediately once the Browns entered the NFL after spending their first four years in the All-American Football Conference.
The Steelers lead the overall series 81–63–1.
Top 5 Games Between Browns-Steelers
- 🏈 Sept. 10, 1989: CLE wins 51-0: The Browns pummeled the Steelers in the most lopsided win of the rivalry in a result that still stands as the biggest blowout in Steelers history. Cleveland rushed for three touchdowns and scored three defensive touchdowns to pump the score.
- 🏈 Dec. 10, 2009: CLE wins 13-7: The Browns defeated the Steelers in Cleveland in the coldest game in the history of the rivalry with real feel temperatures around -10 degrees. The win was just Cleveland's fourth win against Pittsburgh since the franchise returned to Cleveland in 1999.
- 🏈 Jan. 3, 2021: CLE wins 24-22: The Browns defeated the Steelers to clinch their first playoff berth since 2002 and capture just their seventh win against the Steelers since 1994. Cleveland held off a late comeback attempt from Pittsburgh, who scored two touchdowns in the final 10 minutes but failed on a two-point conversion after the second score.
- 🏈 Jan. 10, 2021: CLE wins 48-37: One week after beating them to clinch their playoff berth, the Browns defeated the Steelers again — this time in Pittsburgh — for their first playoff win since 1994 and first win at Heinz Field since 2003. No fans were at the game, however, due to COVID-19, and Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski and other members of his coaching staff were also not on the sidelines due to COVID-19 protocols.
- 🏈 Jan. 3, 2022: PIT wins 26-14: The Steelers defeated the Browns in what became QB Ben Roethlisberger's last game at Heinz Field. Roethlisberger still led the Steelers to the playoffs that year, but they lost in Kansas City to the Chiefs in their first playoff game. Roethlisberger owned a 26-2-1 record against the Browns.
|Super Bowl Wins
|AFC Championship Wins
|AFC North/Central Titles
|4 (Brian Sipe, Jim Brown x3)
|1 (Terry Bradshaw)
|Hall of Fame Players & Coaches
|Paul Brown (158)
|Chuck Noll (193)
|Pro Bowl Selections
|All-Time Winning Percentage
|Years as NFL Team
Steelers vs. Browns Game FAQs
Odds have not yet been released for the next Browns-Steelers game. The NFL schedule will release in April or May, and odds will release around that time.
Odds have not yet been released for the next Browns-Steelers game. Check back when the 2024 schedule is released in April/May.
The next Browns-Steelers game will either be in the 2023-24 playoffs or in the 2024 regular season.
Streaming information on the next Browns-Steelers game is not yet available.
Ticket information on the next Browns-Steelers game is not yet available.
Anthony is an Ohio University graduate who has covered the Cleveland Browns since 2019, starting as a freelance writer for the team website and working most recently as the team’s staff writer until 2023. He is an avid fantasy football player — as well as a golf nerd — and will keep you up to date on all Browns-related betting info this season.