Donald Trump tops the Republican nominee odds by an almost insurmountable distance following his victory at the Iowa Caucus, as figures from across the GOP will try to make it a dramatic series of primaries across the country in 2024. The Republican nomination is the big prize at stake as Trump and Nikki Haley seek to top the ticket heading into the next U.S. election. Ohio's own Vivek Ramaswamy, who at times had gained traction on the oddsboard in 2023, dropped out of the race and endorsed Trump following the Iowa Caucus in the third week of January.
Soon after, Florida governor Ron DeSantis, once thought to be Trump's biggest challenger, also dropped out and endorsed Trump.
Betting sites have earmarked Trump (now an overwhelming -5000) as the big favorite for months, despite the ex-president's long list of lawsuits against him. Trump has his eyes on a return to the White House, and his odds to secure the Republican nomination give him a 98% chance of doing so.
Haley now represents Trump's only challenge for the nomination. Her campaign did recieve a massive boost from the Koch Network, the political group founded by brothers Charles and David Koch. The group endorsed Haley on Nov. 28 and the thinking was they would provide an influx of financial heft to battle Trump for the Republican nomination. However, Haley's odds have now lengthened to +1400, as Trump looks destined for another race against Joe Biden.
Latest 2024 Republican Nominee Odds
The Republican nominee odds 2024 have been steadily moving in recent months. Ohio's Ramaswamy saw his odds shorten after the first debate in Milwaukee, briefly moving into a still-distant second place behind Trump, but ahead of DeSantis and Haley. However, less than a month later, DeSantis overtook Ramaswamy and moved back in position as the second favorite. But now, as of Feb. 16, Haley (+1400) has outlasted both DeSantis and Ramaswamy's campaigns.
The odds below are from UK platform Bet365. It's crucial to note that political betting isn't legally permitted for U.S. bettors.
Favorites to be the Republican Nominee in 2024
Here's some more detail on the big names in the race:
- Donald Trump – Now carrying a 98% chance of winning the primaries, and comparing Democratic nominee odds to Republican nominee odds, Trump still looks destined to face Joe Biden once again in 2024 despite not participating in the debates. The businessman has a huge resource of donations for his campaign, has die-hard MAGA supporters backing him, and is skilled at attacking his opponents.
- Nikki Haley – While still a longshot behind Trump, she now sits just behind the former president at +1400. Those odds could also shorten in the coming months with backing from the Koch Network.
Ron DeSantis Drops Out
- Ron DeSantis – DeSantis was a favorite for the GOP pick in January 2021 when Trump faced a string of legal issues. But DeSantis lost momentum after the first debate and never gained much ground on Trump and Haley.
Will Trump Choose Not to Run in 2024?
No. Trump is definitely running for the 2024 US presidential election, having announced his campaign before the 2022 midterms. Those elections actually went badly for Trump, with a string of his endorsed picks failing to win seats. Some argue it cost the GOP a majority in the Senate to add to its House of Representatives victory.
Trump's campaign is raising nearly $15 million every quarter from donations. He'll need to ramp that up next year to challenge Biden but his fame and notoriety is expected to be enough to carry him through the primaries.
Latest 2024 Republican Nominee Odds Set At bet365
Online sportsbook bet365 has set odds to win the 2024 Republican nomination, and is overwhelmingly backing Trump. In fact, bet365 has given Trump its backing for all but a few weeks since he lost the 2020 election.
Recognized as one of the largest online betting communities, bet365 holds licenses in multiple U.S. states, including Ohio. However, it's crucial to note that political betting isn't legally permitted for U.S. bettors, and these political odds are derived from bet365's U.K. platform. You will not find these odds at bet365 Ohio.
How to Read the 2024 Republican Nominee Odds
Reading the Republican nomination odds is fairly straightforward, and we'll use Trump to explain how it works. Trump is priced in the negative, at -5000. Here, a bettor needs to wager $5000 just to get $100 in profit (plus their stake). That shows just how much of a favorite Trump is right now.
Republican Vice Presidential Odds
Political betting on the Republican nominees for 2024 goes beyond who might run, or win, the Presidency. There will be ample Republican Vice Presidential nominee odds that are available at sportsbooks like bet365 UK or Ladbrokes, though they have yet to be updated following Ramaswamy and DeSantis dropping out of the race. Could he become the leading candidate to be Trump's VP? What bettors might find interesting is the potential prospects of one of these candidate running or winning. At this time, there are several 2024 VP candidates, below are the latest odds.
Can Ohio Bettors Bet on Republican Nominee Odds?
Political betting odds will not be available at any of the Ohio sportsbooks. This is because you cannot legally bet on the Republican nominees or any other election in the United States. Bettors can choose to follow the odds betting odds out of interest and to see how the race is going. Its also worth noting because you cannot bet in Ohio on politics, there will be no legal Ohio sports betting promo for this type of market. We would highly recommend to avoid any offshore operator marketing these odds; most notably because this is not legal at the state or federal level.
Key Developments for Republican Nominees 2024
Here are some of the key developments that have taken place so far in the race for the GOP pick:
- 📅 January 2024 - Trump wins the Iowa Caucus, while Vivek Ramaswamy and Ron DeSantis drop out.
- 📅 November 2023 - While Trump remains the heavy favorite, Nikki Haley catches Ron DeSantis in the polls.
- 📅 September 2023 - Trump's odds for the nomination shorten after the second debate, despite not taking part once again.
- 📅 September 2023 - Ron DeSantis' odds for the nomination shorten, though he remains a distant second to Trump.
- 📅 August 2023 - After the first GOP debate, Vivek Ramaswamy overtakes Ron DeSantis on the oddsboard.
- 📅 July 2023 – DeSantis' odds inflate as polls indicate the GOP will pick Trump in 2024. Thirteen major candidates have so far declared their intention to run in the primaries. Trump is polling at 50% and his odds fall to -275.
- 📅 May 2023 – DeSantis announces his presidential campaign in a nightmare Twitter discussion with Elon Musk that is beset with tech problems. Trump, meanwhile, is being found liable for the sexual abuse of writer E. Jean Carroll.
- 📅 April 2023 – By this point Trump is the renewed favorite. He is indicted and appears in a New York courtroom. His odds sink as low as -175 despite the charges.
- 📅 February 2023 – Nikki Haley and Vivek Ramaswamy announce their presidential campaigns. Haley gets a bump in the odds but Ramaswamy's price remains unchanged.
- 📅 December 2022 – The Jan. 6 committee recommends criminal prosecution against Trump on four counts. His odds leap the +250 and Ron DeSantis becomes the +100 favorite.
- 📅 November 2022 – Trump announces he is running for president before the midterms and his odds drop to -150. However, a disappointing night for Trump-endorsed candidates sees the market shift again.
- 📅 February 2022 – Reports emerge that documents Trump had been keeping at his Mar-a-Lago home were marked classified. DeSantis tries to jump on the news without ruining his support. The Justice Department opens an investigation but Trump's odds fall to +100.
- 📅 November 2021 – Glenn Youngkin and Chris Christie emerge as possible alternative candidates to Trump as the Republicans seek to move away from MAGA politics.
- 📅 July 2021 – DeSantis rises in popularity and fame across the U.S. His odds come in neck-and-neck with Trump at +350.
- 📅 January 2021 – Trump's odds widen to +600 following the Jan. 6 insurrection, as DeSantis becomes the new favorite.
- 📅 November 2020 – Trump loses the election but betting sites price him at +300 to win the next GOP nomination.
Can Donald Trump Win the 2024 Republican Nominee?
There appears little that can stop Trump winning the 2024 GOP nomination. Trump Presidential odds for 2024 have him as the solid favorite and his price has steadily dropped over the past year. This was the trend even when he was found liable for sexual abuse, and was in court in New York over confidential records.
What's more, Trump thrived in 2016 when a multitude of candidates argued their case to be the GOP nominee. Trump will likely achieve the same success when televised primaries are broadcast across the country, from Ohio to Florida.
Does Ron DeSantis Have a Chance at Winning the 2024 Republican Nominee?
No, Ron DeSantis had an outside chance of winning the Republican party nomination. However, he lost supporters and was accused of trying to "out-Trump" Trump, rather than cutting his own course to power. He dropped out on Jan. 21.
Does Nikki Haley Have a Chance at Winning the 2024 Republican Nominee?
Nikki Haley has seen her odds shorten significantly over the past couple months, catching up to DeSantis in the polls. However, the former South Carolina governor still is a longshot to defeat Donald Trump for the nomination.
Will Trump be Beat for the Party Nomination?
Betting sites don't think Trump will lose the Republican party nomination. The election odds suggest he has a 98% chance of securing the vote. It's hard to see who can stop Trump and he could run for president even if he is jailed over the DOJ's confidential records case.
2024 Republican Nominee Odds FAQ
Donald Trump has the best odds to win the Republican primaries at -5000, which gives him an implied probability of 98%.
The 2024 Republican election odds show Trump is favorite at -5000 to be the GOP nominee, with Nikki Haley at +1400.
The Republicans are yet to pick their nominee for the 2024 US presidential election but Donald Trump is currently the main nominee in the betting odds and the polls.